- Customer Service
As Proper reaches its adolescence with issue 16, its contributors reach back into their own teenage years, tracing the roots of scally style.
- Extensive, exclusive interview with adidas aficionado Gary Aspden, who talks us through his trip to Buenos Aires and provides us with similarly exclusive pictorial evidence. A must read.
- Interview with founder of cult terrace brand Dupe and now the driving force behind Uniformes Generale, Adam Creed.
- Ever wondered what they did with the Iron Curtain when they brought it down? A Russian brand named GJOE made loads of space age acid jackets out of it. We've got the inside track.
- There Will Be Hood - #COATS with #HOODS. We couldn't be more predictable if we tried.
- Too Hot... Purveyors of the best of 1990s style Too Hot have done us an exclusive shoot which is perhaps the coolest thing we've ever put in our magazine.
- Oi Polloi... Ardwick Green. Another exclusive shoot and some words on why Mancunian institution Oi Polloi have insisted on the return of a classic shoe with a brand new name.
- The Rise of the Johnhead. Prolific Internet Marksman @DanielSandison has written about Liverpool's latest scally subculture.
- Goretex, Drugs and Rock 'N' Roll. Stories from behind (and in front) of the stage.
- Scally Sinner Men. Casuals author Phil Thornton firms up with Josh Parkin and Peter O'Toole to create the definitive seven ages of scally.
It's not to be missed isn't it?
FREE SHIPPING PROMOTION
Please note, our free shipping promotion covers shipping costs only.
Free Ground Shipping for U.S. Orders Over $200
Orders in the continental US will be shipped by UPS ground. Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, and overseas U.S. Possessions, territories, and Freely Associated States will be shipped by USPS Priority Mail.
Free Ground Shipping for Worldwide Orders Over $400
If you are outside the USA, the free shipping promotion will only cover shipping via USPS International Priority service. Battenwear's policy is to declare international orders at full value. This means that you will be responsible for taxes and import duties once the item arrives in your country. If you would like to calculate roughly how much this will be, there are a number of useful customs calculators available online. The last thing we want is for you to be surprised by customs duties and taxes when receiving your Battenwear order. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Battenwear accepts the following forms of payment:
- American Express
*An 8.875% sales tax is applicable to merchandise being shipped to a New York address. Individual apparel items (including hats) which cost less than $110 are exempt from NY sales tax. Bags, at any price, are subject to NY sales tax.
If you are outside the USA and are unable to find a local retailer (stockist list here), please contact us by writing to info@battenwear so that we can help. We are happy to arrange international purchases, and will provide further details via email. Before ordering, please note that it is our policy to declare international orders at full value. Taxes and import duties are the responsibility of the recipient.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
Final Sale Notice
Please note that all items purchased at a discount are final sale, and cannot be returned.
All returns must first be authorized by Battenwear.
If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, you may return the items postmarked within 14 calendar days of receipt for a refund to your original method of payment. Please note that original shipping charges are non-refundable. Items must be returned in their original condition (unworn, unwashed, unaltered) with the tags attached.
To initiate a return, email email@example.com with RETURN in the subject line, and explain the reason for your return. After we confirm your return request, you may return your order at your expense using the shipping method of your choice. We strongly recommend using a trackable and insured service, as Battenwear is not responsible for items lost in transit. Please mail your return merchandise to the address below:
265 West 37th Street #1600
New York, NY, 10018
Once your return is received, inspected, and approved as saleable, your refund will be processed, and a credit will be applied to your credit card or other original method of payment. Please allow 7-14 business days from the time you mail your order for your return or exchange to be processed. We will notify you via email once your return has been processed.
If you would like to make an exchange rather than a return, please place a new order for the item you want before initiating the return of your original purchase. This will ensure that your desired replacement is available and on its way to you. Following your replacement purchase, please initiate the return process as described above; after receiving and inspecting the returned item, we will issue a refund and notify you via email. Please feel free to contact us with questions at any time during this process.
At Battenwear, we want to make sure the item you receive is the item we designed, not just a piece of clothing or a simple accessory but rather gear built for comfort, function, and longevity.
If a Battenwear item does not perform to your satisfaction, please contact us so that we can address the issue to the best of our ability.
NEED MORE HELP?
We always welcome you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, thoughts, or requests. We try to answer all customer service emails within 24 hours, Monday-Friday.
PINTEREST TAG NOTIFICATION
Please note that we have enabled the Pinterest Tag on shoppable Pins to provide Pinterest with data for conversion tracking.